February 8, 2021
Are You Head Over Heels in Love With Your Garage Doors?
If Not, Maybe It’s Time to Go Your Separate Ways
While this is the month to celebrate loving relationships, it’s also a time to reassess partnerships that aren’t working out. Consider your garage doors, for instance. Are they on track when it comes to meeting the needs of you and your family? If not, we’re here to help you find your perfect match.
At Door Pros, we specialize in custom garage doors in Palm Desert and nearby communities. We’re experts at replacing garage doors or working with homeowners who are building from scratch.
Keep These Factors in Mind
There are so many things to consider when choosing custom garage doors, including your location and the resale value of your home. For instance, if your garage doors get a lot of sun exposure, we recommend you opt for insulated doors to prevent heat from baking your garage (and your attached home). The potential for exposure to heavy rain and high winds is another factor you should consider.
Custom garage doors are more expensive than your garden-variety garage doors, but they will pay for themselves in no time because they are more energy efficient. This means your garage and home will be more comfortable and your energy bills will be lower. Choosing custom garage doors is also a wise investment because they can boost your home’s resale value.
Here are some of the custom door options available. The cost will vary, depending on type, design and build.
- Aluminum: These doors are lightweight and highly rust-resistant, so they are a great choice if you are using your garage simply to park your vehicles and/or store items. They don’t offer the same insulation benefits as some other choices and aren’t very dent-resistant.
- Steel: Steel doors are strong but light and are available in many different colors. They are low-maintenance and budget friendly. However, they are more vulnerable to rust and weather than their aluminum counterparts.
- Wood: If you’re in search of a classic look, wood composite doors are extremely elegant—and popular. They tend to be more expensive than most other materials because they are made from moisture-resistant treated cedar, cypress or redwood and they require more maintenance.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass doors are extremely durable and cost-effective. They are a great choice if you’re looking for a contemporary flavor. They are available in many colors and finishes so they can match just about any home’s style.
- Vinyl: Vinyl doors are typically more expensive but don’t require as much maintenance as many other door types. They’re a great option when you’re looking for a unique look.
Let Door Pros Play Matchmaker!
We know doors inside and out. We’re here to help you if you’re ready to replace your garage door or purchase one for your new home. We’re also here if your existing doors are the right match for you, but you need us for garage door repairs in Palm Desert and beyond. To schedule an appointment or to learn more, call us at 760.360.9300 or contact us online.