August 24, 2020
Here’s a Golden Opportunity to Learn More About the Golden State
Door Pros Is California Proud! How About You?
At Door Pros, we love learning fun facts about the Coachella Valley and the entire state of California. Here’s one that definitely got our attention: It is illegal to put anything other than your car in your garage in Long Beach. We’re certainly glad we don’t live there. How about you?
Here’s another fun fact: Door Pros has been serving the Palm Desert area for more than two decades. We’re the experts you want on your side when you need a sliding glass door repair in Rancho Mirage or a garage door repair in Indian Wells.
Speaking of Indian Wells, check out a fun fact about this beloved city and learn more Golden State trivia:
- If you are a trumpet player in Indian Wells, don’t try to lure someone into a store with your music. It’s illegal.
- Our state produces 99.5 percent of all dates grown in the United States. That’s why the Coachella Valley is called “The Date Capital of the World.”
- Do you know how hot it was on the hottest day ever recorded in the United States? 135 degrees! The date was July 10, 1913, and the location was—you guessed it—Death Valley.
- More than 30,000,000 Legos were used to create the attractions and decorations at Legoland in Carlsbad.
- We are home to the only mobile national monuments in the country: our San Francisco cable cars.
- At the Palm Springs American Legion Post dining room, there is a table that’s permanently set for dinner for one. No one is allowed to use the table. It is a tribute to a Missing in Action or Prisoner of War serviceman or woman. This table for one can be found at every American Legion Post. The tablecloth is white, symbolic of the pure intentions when responding to the call of duty. A red rose on the table symbolizes the blood a POW or MIA may have shed. You can learn more about the meaning of every item on the table here.
- We have more national parks—eight—than any other state in the country.
- We produce the majority of our country’s almonds, plums, peaches broccoli and artichokes.
- During the California Gold Rush of 1849, everything was so expensive in California that miners sent their laundry to Honolulu to be washed and pressed.
- Our state grows over 300,000 tons of grapes each year and produces 17 million gallons of wine—90 percent of the wine produced in the U.S.
Cheers to our rich California history! At Door Pros, we love being a part of your history by continuing to solve all of your door challenges—from sliding glass door repair in Rancho Mirage to garage door installation and replacement in La Quinta.
We’re Still Offering No-Touch Service Calls!
Concerned about your safety during the pandemic? Our popular no-touch service call is a great option. To schedule yours, call us at 760.360.9300 or contact us online.