June 16, 2020
Working Out at Home? Transform Your Garage Into a Personal Gym
Door Pros Gets You Started With 10 Makeover Tips
Even as local gyms begin to open up, the home gym has become a more appealing option for some of us. Don’t have a dedicated space that fits your needs? Your garage could be the answer.
So, your friends at Door Pros are offering a few tips to help you convert your garage into a home gym. And as you make plans, keep in mind that Door Pros is the premier provider of custom garage doors in the Palm Desert area. June is Garage Door Safety Month, but you can count on Door Pros year-round to ensure the well-being of your family and the security of your home.
Let’s Get Started
- Tidy up. Toss out, sell or give away anything in your garage that has accumulated over the years and is simply taking up space. Rule of thumb: If you haven’t used it in the last year, you probably don’t need it.
- Create a floor (and wall) plan. List the equipment you’ll have in your home gym and designate a spot for each item. This is particularly important if your garage space is limited. Don’t forget about wall space. It’s a convenient place to hang certain equipment. Consider purchasing a garage organization system that will help you plan things out.
- Choose wisely. Buy equipment that will provide you with the best bang for your buck as well as an effective workout. Make sure your resistance training and cardio needs will be met.
- Consider other essential items. There’s a reason they’re called “workouts.” Staying healthy and in shape is hard work! If your exercise regimen includes online workouts, set aside space for a TV screen or monitor. If music inspires you, you might want to invest in high-quality speakers.
- Don’t forget about staying comfortable. Make sure your space is cool enough in the summer and warm enough during the chillier season.
- Look down. Is the floor of your garage workout friendly? Think about adding rubber, foam, carpet, vinyl or turf.
- Look around. If your garage walls are still unfinished drywall, create a more inviting space with a fresh coat of paint. Choose light colors for a bright, motivating atmosphere.
- Lighten it up. Is the lighting in your garage appropriate for a workout room? A simple fixture is an inexpensive way to brighten it up.
- Get inspired. Hang posters with motivational sayings or add other artwork that will encourage you to keep moving.
- Update your garage door. Now that you’ve refreshed and repurposed your space, does your tired, old garage door seem out of place? Call us for a seamless custom garage door installation or reliable garage door repair in Palm Desert. Garage Door Safety Month is the perfect time to fix any potentially dangerous problems with your door.
Door Pros Offers No-Touch Service Calls
Trust Door Pros for all of your door needs, including sliding doors, entry doors, overhead commercial doors, weather stripping and garage door openers. We now offer the option of no-touch service calls. To schedule yours, call us at 760.360.9300 or contact us online.