December 7, 2020
7 Holiday Decorating Ideas for Your Front Door
It’s Time to Toss Out That Tired Old Wreath
When you decorate your home for the holidays every year, does your ritual include hanging that old familiar wreath on the front door? If so, maybe it’s time to break with tradition and jazz things up a bit.
You might even want to experiment with decorating your custom garage door in Palm Desert or wherever you call home. With everything that has happened in 2020, we all could use more festive lights and holiday decorations in our lives.
At Door Pros, we specialize in repairs and replacements of entry doors, garage doors and more. But we’ve seen some really creative door decorating in our travels around the Coachella Valley, so we’re offering some ideas you might want to consider to add a little holiday sparkle to your front door.
- Choose an item as the focal piece of your door decoration and, using florist wire, wrap it with greenery, flowers and a colorful, oversized bow made of thick ribbons. (We recently saw one using a garden shovel and another with a rake that looked great.) Hang your creation on the front door using a removable hook. If you’re feeling really creative, you can expand on your display by filling two planters with small Christmas trees and placing them on either side of your door. Still not enough for your taste? Place a bundle of wrapped presents on your porch, too.
- Instead of the traditional round wreath, switch things up with a swag wreath. All you need is a plain evergreen swag and embellishments of your choice, such as pinecones, red berries of different sizes, seeded eucalyptus branches, crystals and glitter. Finish everything off with a ribbon or bow.
- Wrap your front door in colorful paper and use ribbon and a bow to make it look like a giant Christmas present. Add a gift tag with a cheerful holiday message like: Happy Holidays From Our House to Yours.
- Arrange artificial or live garland above and around your doorway. Add strands of twinkling lights for your neighborhood to enjoy after the sun goes down.
- Decorate a pair of ice skates with greens and a Christmas bow and hang them where your wreath once was.
- Want to get the kids involved? Ask them to make paper snowflakes, trees, snowmen or other holiday-themed decorations that can be arranged whimsically on your front door.
- Decorate the border of a chalkboard with holiday-related items such as garland, pinecones and berries. Hang it on your front door and add a holiday message in chalk that can be changed throughout the holiday.
Happy Holidays From Door Pros!
The team at Door Pros would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year. We are so thankful that so many homeowners and businesses trust us for their garage door, garage door opener, sliding door, entry door and other door-related services. From commercial door repairs in Palm Springs to custom entry doors in Palm Desert, Door Pros is the team you can count on. To schedule an appointment or to learn more, call us at 760.993.6873 or contact us online.